Barnet 2 Burton 2

Last updated : 25 January 2003 By Footymad Previewer

Bees and Brewers shared the points in an entertaining game at Underhill with the lead changing hands on several occasions as the game ebbed and flowed.

A good move by the Bees in the sixth minute saw Junior Agogo cross the ball to the unmarked Danny Brown who scored with his left foot from eight yards.

Minutes later a long pass from the young Ismail Yakabu found Agogo, who outpaced the defence but his wild kick was off target.

Mark Gower, who was performing well in midfield, made a superb run across the field and his pass to Lee Pluck on the right wing created problems for the visitors defence and keeper Lee Camp was forced to turn the ball away for a corner.

On the quarter hour Christian Moore had a one-to-one with Bees keeper Danny Naisbitt but saw his 15 yard shot was blocked.

At the other end, Agogo tried a left footed shot that unfortunately hit his own player Neil Midgley and went wide.

In the closing minutes if the first half, an in-swinging corner from Moore was met by Colin Hoyle whose powerful header was neatly turned over the bar by Nesbitt.

Mark Gower’s right footed free kick was only punched away by Lee Camp but the Bees strikers' were unable to reach the ball.

In the 48th minute, the visitors equalised courtesy of a Naisbitt howler.

Darren Stride, their captain, attempted an overhead kick from the edge of the box that Naisbitt appeared to have saved, but somehow he let the ball slip under his body and trickle over the line.

The visitors continued to push forward and it was no surprise that they took the lead when Nigel Clough's through ball to Craig Dudley was crossed into the middle for striker Moore to steer the ball past the keeper.

The Bees players surrounded the referee suggesting that Moore had handled but the referee ignored their protests.

In the 67th minute, Barnet managed an equaliser when Gower's short free kick saw John Doolan hit a tremendous right foot drive from near 30 yards.

Both sides had chances in the closing minutes but were unable to score.